Medusa silver - 16" / 23½" / 39" contemporary wooden wall clock in shades of silver
Medusa is one of the three Gorgons from the Greek mythology. As they once hurt Pallas Athene, the goddess of wisdom she imprecated curses upon these once beautiful girls who turned to be ugly and wore living snakes in the place of their hair since then. This clock depicts Medusa's head with the wriggling snakes.
This clock is actually the larger version of Radium II.
- Raw material: the selection of the raw material was based on the principle to keep the natural appearance of the wood as much as possible - therefore plywood was used for it bears the wood grains still strong and thin enough.
Owing to this naturalness small changes in color and pattern may occur compared to the images attached.
- Manufacturing process: the central dial and the spikes of this particular clock are laser cut from a 6mm birch plywood board, after polishing the spikes are hand painted with 3 different shades of silver and distributed evenly and clamped manually on the dial. The central disk is painted white. Owing to the manual distribution of the spikes none of these clocks are identical.
-The movement: is silent (non-ticking), second hand sweeps around. It runs with 1 pc AA type 1.5V battery (not included in the package). Standard hands are made of black metal (plastic on larger models).
diameter: L - 16" / XL - 23½" / XXL - 39"
depth: 1 1/4"
weight: 1.2lbs / 2lbs / 6lbs
This product is made to order, usual manufacturing time is ~1 week.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All 'Medusa' clocks are available in 3 different sizes (L-16", XL-23½", XXL-39") and with the following color schemes:
- Medusa copper: black + copper + gold
- Medusa purple: 3 shades of purple
- Medusa gold: gold + 2 shades of yellow
- Medusa blue: pink + 3 shades of blue
- Medusa turquoise: 3 shades of blue / teal
- Medusa silver: white + 3 shades of silver
- Medusa arctic: white + blue + silver
- Medusa rainbow: white + multicolor
- Medusa grapevine: silver + olive / purple / petrol
Feel free to request custom color schemes made just for you - contact us before placing the order.
Medusa models need one color for the central disc and usually 3 shades for the spikes. Custom colors cost no extra fee.
This clock is made to order, usual manufacturing time is ~1 week. Once ready it ships with FedEx, shipping takes ~2-3 days to the USA.