Frosted Amazonite Mala (with OM, Lotus or Buddha Pendant)
Used to count the number of times a mantra is recited or breaths while meditating, it comes with 108 beads, signifying the mortal desires of mankind. The number is attributed to the Mokugenji Sutra wherein Shakyamuni Buddha instructed King Virudhaka to make such beads and recite the Three Jewels of Buddhism.
Commonly known as the Artist’s Stone, Amazonite is a stone of truth and self-love. Amazonite must be worn by women suffering from insecurity as it is prominent for boosting the self-esteem . Women who wear Amazonite are bold, courageous, fearless, determined and positive sans greed or similar other negativities.
The OM, Lotus & Buddha
- OM: A mystic syllable, considered the most sacred mantra in Hinduism and Tibetan Buddhism. It appears at the beginning and end of most Sanskrit recitations, prayers, and texts.
- Lotus: Symbolize purity of speech, of the body, and of the mind. “I have a love for the Lotus, while growing in mud it still remains unstained”. — Confucius
- Buddha: Born a prince in what is now Nepal, Siddartha Gautama (c.563–c.483 BC) was given the title of Buddha after renouncing wealth and family to become an ascetic, and achieving enlightenment while meditating.
- Beads Diameter: 0.31 in / 8mm
- Pendant Diameter: 0.55 in / 14 mm
- Lenght: 37.4in / 95cm (Elastic)