Belgian Cheese Board Gift Set
Belgian food reveals a variety of influences from other countries. Their cheeses are most directly influenced by the French, due to the fact that many are made by the Trappist Monks who fled France to Belgium in the mid-nineteenth century. The proximity of the two countries also plays a significant role in the influence. The cheeses on this board are fine examples of the Trappist's cheese making ability.
- Chimay Trappiste with Beer: Made by the trappist monks of Scourmont, this semi-hard pressed cow's milk cheese is washed in Chimay Ale and matured for six weeks. Its creaminess and fine taste of good, fresh, creamy milk give it all its flavor. (8 oz)
- Brugge Rodenbach: A delicious Belgian cheese ripened in Belgian Rodenbach beer. Made with pasteurized cow's milk of the highest quality, this smooth cheese is delicious sliced and served on a dark, nutty bread; shaved over vegetables; or as part of a cheese board. (8 oz)
- Chimay Vieux: A semi-hard cow's milk cheese, Chimay Vieux impressed us as a sure hit the first time we tasted it. We love its delicious flavor, firm texture, and sweet bouquet and find it to have universal appeal. You will feel comfortable serving this cheese to anyone, as it will not offend those with basic tastes, yet will still wow the connoisseurs with its soft, toasty finish. (8 oz)
- Oud Brugge: This cheese is Belgium's interpretation of a fine aged Gouda. Nutty, creamy and delicious, it is best served with a robust beer or ale. (8 oz)
- igourmet.com Signature Cheese Serving Knife: Specifically crafted for igourmet.com, this multi-function cheese knife is the perfect tool to easily slice uniform servings of your favorite cheese.
- Bamboo Cheese Board: A stunning and durable gift that will be enjoyed for years to come. (Dimensions: 9x11)
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.