Formaggio del Cucina (Italian Cooking Cheeses) in Gift Box
The base of great Italian food is the quality of its ingredients. It is the simple combination of fresh fruit, vegetables, olive oil, wine, and, of course, great cheeses. This assortment offers an introduction to Italy's most famous staple cheeses that are essential to creating a good Italian meal. All of these cheeses are fantastic on their own but also add that special dimension to everything from pastas to risottos, to gratins, vegetable dishes, and salads. Their unique characters are a pleasure for the the palate to explore.
- Pecorino Romano is made from sheep's milk and aged over a year. Hard and dense, it is salty and tangy with a sharp spicy finish. Excellent shaved or grated. (8 oz)
- Provolone Piccante is mozzarella's older brother. Aged over 9 months and made from cow's milk, it is sharp and spicy with a smooth finish. Perfect thinly sliced and melted. (8 oz)
- Parmigiano Reggiano is made from raw cow's milk and aged for over 18 months. Full flavored and nutty, with a wonderful grainy texture. Serve grated or shaved. Don't forget to save the rind for stocks and sauces! (8 oz)
- Grana Padano Stravecchio Oro del Tempo is made from raw cow's milk and aged for over 22 months. Similar to Parmigiano Reggiano, it has an aged grainy texture, and nutty flavor. It has an amazing depth of flavor with sweet, fruity undertones. Use the same way as you use Parmigiano Reggiano, but note the difference in flavors! (8 oz)
- Gift Presentation: This assortment includes one half-pound of each selection hand assembled in our signature chocolate colored gift box, finished with a matching ribbon.
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.