French Cocktail Hour Assortment
The French have a festive and convivial tradition of gathering before a meal to share a glass of wine, cocktails and savory small dishes. It is the Ap�ritif. Originally conceived to "whet the appetite" before dinner or lunch, the Ap�ritif is part of the famous French gourmet meal which was added in 2010 to UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list. Americans have been encouraged to discover this engaging tradition for 8 years now, thanks to French Cocktail Hour, or "Ap�ritif � la Fran�aise", a worldwide initiative by the French Ministry of Food and Agriculture and Fisheries and Sopexa to promote French food, wines and spirits through the concept of Ap�ritif. Our French Cocktail assortment includes the following decadent foods:
- Fromager d'Affinois: This luscious, Brie-like cheese comes from the Pilat Regional Park in France's Rhone-Alpes. Fromager d'Affinois is a must-try for fans of Saint Andre, Boursaut, or Brie de Meaux. Enjoy this cheese with crisp white wines or champagne, along with apples, grapes, and walnuts. (8 oz)
- Comt�: This is a handmade, artisan cheese of the truest type. While modern techniques have been embraced where they can facilitate procedures and increase quality, the production of Comt� remains based on traditional methods. Our Comt� is aged for six months, were it develops a tight-knit texture and satiny body. (7.5 oz)
- Agour: This classic sheep's milk cheese comes from the Basque region of France. Enjoy one of the world's most satisfying cheeses. (7.5 oz)
- Agour Basque Dark Cherry Jam: Made of 65% dark cherries and sweetened with cane sugar, this spread is divine with your favorite aged sheep's milk cheeses. (3.5 oz)
- Mousse Royale au Sauternes: This Les Trois Petit Cochon product is a delectable mousse of goose liver, pork, mushrooms flavored with the right spices and delicately sweetened with Sauternes wine. A perfect combination! (8 oz)
- Saucisson Sec: This Saucisson Sec is a pork sausage, naturally air-dried. Made from a time-honored recipe in the mountains of France, this sausage is perfect for slicing and serving as an Ap�ritif. (8 oz)
- French Cornichons in White Wine Vinegar: Drenched in a brine of white wine vinegar, salt, pearl onions, and select spices, these tangy little pickles are zesty and delicious. (12.35 oz)
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canap�s and delicious snacks, you will love these little toasts! (2.75 oz)
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.