Friend in Cheeses Jams
In late 2009, after years of creating homemade condiments for various wine clubs and classes, and fielding hundreds of requests, Tabitha Stroup, of Friend in Cheese, started to produce small batches of her jams and jellies under the moniker, "TabithaÍs Appropriate Jams." Broadsided by the immediate popularity and demand, that early incarnation grew quickly into Friend in Cheeses Jam Company. Using the best Santa Cruz has to offer, she creates the perfect partner for cheese with these jams. These jams are perfect to serve alongside a cheese platter, to spread on bread with a grilled cheese or Panini, or to make an exceptional bread-and-butter pudding. Available in the following flavors:
- RosieÍs Hip Jelly: A hint of cinnamon, a dash of tea, and rose hips. A perfect fit on toast or an English muffin, this jam also plays well with springÍs fresh cheeses, like chevre, ricotta, and turns into a wonderful friend in a piled-high turkey sandwich.
- Salted Watermelon Jelly: The summertime staple of watermelon gets a slightly savory note with a bit of sea salt. This bright pink jam looks like kids play, but it's a classy way to twist the old melon-and-prosciutto duo in a jelly and ham pannini.
- Onion Jam: Onion and jam, words not often heard together. Today this changes. Rich, sweet, and savory onions with a touch of curry and a kiss of cinnamon. Use this jam to top a grilled cheese, glaze a pork roast, or serve with Point Reyes Blue, Parmigiano Reggiano, pate, or salumi.
- Electric Beetroot Confiture: Golden beets are shredded and cooked down with citrus, pink peppercorns, thyme and vanilla. Expect the unexpected with this wildly original jam. But you can bet it's delicious, especially with a turkey and swiss. Or serve alongside farmhouse bread and a beautiful hunk of Comte cheese.
- Strawberry Tarragon: The sweetness of sun-kissed strawberries meets the herbalicious flavor of French Tarragon in this sophisticated jam. Make yourself a grown-up PB&J with almond butter and this jelly, or serve it with aged sheepÍs milk cheeses.
- Carrot Marmalade: All summer these mighty roots have been growing just in time for fallÍs harvest. Carrots, citrus, and spice, what else do you need for that turkey Sammy or chunk of cheddar? Pair with cheddar, Grana Padano, or a beautiful, last-of-season chevre.
- Lavender Plum Jelly: French plums and lavender _ every batch of this jelly has its own jewel tone from natureÍs amazing prism. The season is short and this jelly wonÍt last long. Why not save a lilÍ summer for stormy nights? Pair with French toast, yoghurt, aged gouda.
- Pisco Pear Butter: Made from organic French butter pears and seasoned with brown sugar, spices, and Pisco - a peruvian distilled brandy made from grapes. Savor this Pisco Pear Butter with a good wedge of blue, or on a slice of black pepper brioche.
Varieties sold separately.
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.