Platinum Taste of The World Gift Case
Platinum Taste of the World Gift Case includes:
- Abbaye de Belloc: We're happy to bring you this cheese from the Pays Basque region of Aquitaine (French Pyrenees). Its milk comes from red-nosed Manech ewes raised on farms adjacent to the Abbaye de Notre Dame de Belloc.
- Parmigiano Reggiano Top Grade: Here in the States, Parmigiano Reggiano is primarily thought of as purely a grating cheese. Connoisseurs around the world, especially in its native northern Italy, savor Parmigiano Reggiano as a delicious, full-flavored eating cheese as well as a key addition to their finest dishes.
- Dorothea (Goat Gouda with Basil Oil and Potato Skins): A combination of potato skins, basil oil, coriander oil and chopped onion are used to make this goat cheese of which only 4,000 wheels are produced each year.
- Collier's Cheddar: Good value, nutritious and an extraordinary taste define this cheddar. Collier's is made to one recipe, matured and packed in Denbighshire, Wales. Throughout the 16 month maturation period the cheese undergoes a thorough and highly demanding grading regime, which results in amazing consistency throughout the year.
- Mousse de Canard au Foie Gras: Les Trois Petits Cochons uses all-natural, high quality ingredients, and craft their products in small, handmade batches. This mousse is made with foie gras, a delicate specialty from the southwest region of France. To develop the silkiness of this mousse, Les Trois Petits Cochons' chefs blend the foie gras with grapes and Sauternes wine.
- Serrano Paleta by Fermin: This Paleta Serrano comes from the shoulder of white Spanish pigs, a breed that originated in the Sierra Mountains. Raised, slaughtered, and cured entirely in Spain, Serrano is a national culinary icon in Spain. Unlike the "jamon" hams, this comes from the front legs of the pig, or the "paleta" shoulder. This makes it a bit denser, with a bold, meaty flavor.
- Italian Speck by Parmacotto - Sliced: Hailing from Northern Italy, Parmacotto's Speck is a flavorsome and aromatic cured meat thanks to the juniper, laurel and rosemary seasoning. The lengthy and quite unique maturing process adds notes of nuts and porcini mushrooms to the meat's flavor. Speck is made exclusively with the best and leanest legs of pork (during the smoking process that fat content would not only tend to become too strong, but also turn rancid), from recognized and monitored breeders.
- Salami Tartufo by Creminelli: The truffles' delicate aroma works magic with the all-natural pork to create the Salami Tartufo.
- Creme Brulee Almonds: These Creme Brulee Almonds are layered with a caramelized sugar coating...like the famous dessert. With a luscious, sweet crème flavor and the best California almonds, it is hard to believe no spoon is required.
- Savannah Bee Company Tupelo Honey: This raw honey is light amber in color and has a deliciously unique flavor. It is becoming one of the most requested table-grade honeys in the U.S.A., not only for its taste, but also because it does not crystallize.
- Baroque Brownies by Christopher Norman: Hand-Painted tiles crown these decadent brownies. Imagine a recipe for the perfect chocolate brownie - mixed with a deep dark chocolate ganache, resulting in a densely rich cake, topped off with a layer of Hazelnut Gianduja, all enrobed in dark chocolate.
- Dried Asian Pears: Each season, Subarashii Kudamono Orchards in Pennsylvania hand-craft a selection of their Asian Pears into this unique and tasty product. No oils, sugars, or preservative are used, making these pears completely additive free. Naturally sweet, soft and chewy, with a wonderfully candy-like aroma, we love to serve these pears with a cheese plate, or just enjoy them with tea in the afternoon.
- Wheat Fingers by Fine English Crackers for Cheese: Wheat Fingers are all-butter, sweet and crumbly finger biscuits for cheese. In England, this type of biscuit is known as a "digestive," which comes from the old belief that the alkaline in the leavening agents acted as an antacid. Made from a blend of wholemeal flour and bran, these crackers have a slightly sweet flavor that's perfect with blue cheeses or aged goat's milk cheeses.
- Daelias Biscuits for Cheese: Based on a traditional Mediterranean recipe, meant to complement all cheeses, soft and hard. These biscuits will not overwhelm your cheese, but will enhance it and cause you to crave for more.
- Mini Toasts: Perfect for elegant canapés and delicious snacks, you will love these little toasts from Holland. With their crusty texture and mild taste, they are ideal with paté, cheese, smoked salmon or caviar. In addition, they contain no artificial colors or preservatives.
- Bamboo Cheese Board: A stunning and durable gift that will be enjoyed for years to come. (Dimensions: 9x11)
- Stainless Steel Cheese Cleaver: This adorable cheese knife looks like a miniature Chinese cleaver. Made of stainless steel with a solid riveted handle, it works quite well for firm cheeses. Safe for machine washing.
- igourmet Brown Eco-Cooler: Perishable items are packed in a reusable eco-cooler.
- Hand assembled in a beautiful silver case, finished with an elegant dark brown ribbon.
igourmet has a dedicated commitment to ensuring the safe, efficient delivery of our food products. To this end, we are constantly researching, developing and improving our FreshWave packaging system. During the summer months, we use an air tight, fully insulated, temperature retaining packaging system that keeps its contents cool for as many as 48 hours in ambient temperatures of up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit or 24 hours in temperatures up to 105 degrees. Through the use of the FreshWave packaging system, igourmet.com can absolutely guarantee that the food products you receive from us are in the same fresh condition as when they left our facility. The FreshWave system combines a reusable, seamless, molded cooler chest with a non-toxic refrigerant gel pack and strategically placed chips of dry ice. Your perishable foods are temperature controlled within the confines of the cooler, which itself is encased in an outer cardboard shipper. To further contain temperature escalation, we fill the remaining areas with void fill to minimize the amount of air circulating within the system. As an added bonus, you get to keep the cooler and the refrigerant gel packs to use for your next picnic or road trip. In the winter months, we may utilize a less robust system for the cooler states.