After five generations in the cheese business, Roth Kase USA still craft and cure Grand Cru Gruyre, their flagship cheese, in accordance with time-tested Alpine cheese making methods. Their expert cheese makers use imported copper vats to transform fresh milk from family farms into this award-winning cheese, which cellar masters then carefully cure on wooden boards in temperature and humidity-controlled cellars. By honoring their heritage and using the best resources Wisconsin has to offer, Roth Kase USA captures both the essence of classic Gruyre and the distinct terroir of America's Dairyland.Their Grand Cru Gruyre Surchoix
- the best of the best-is hand-selected for curing at least nine months, a cheese-plate centerpiece with a firm texture and complex flavors of caramel, fruit, and mushroom.
Best of Show, 1999 American Cheese Society.3rd Place, 2007, 2008 American Cheese Society.2nd Place, 2005 US Championship Cheese Contest.3rd Place, 1998 World Championship Cheese Contest.Best of Class, 2000 World Championship Cheese Contest.Gold, 2004 World Cheese Awards.
- Made from unpasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 18 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by the 1/2 pound.
- Please contact us if you would like to purchase the whole form.
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.