Royal Blue Stilton by Long Clawson - 9lb. Half Wheel
Long known as "The King of Cheeses", Blue Stilton is one of a handful of British cheeses granted the status of a "protected designation origin" (PDO) by the European Commission. Only cheese produced in the three counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire and made according to a strict code may be called Stilton. There are just six dairies licensed to make Stilton, each being subject to regular audit by an independent inspection agency accredited to European Standard EN 45011.
To be called Stilton, a cheese must:
- be made only in the three counties from local milk which is pasteurized before use.
- be made only in a traditional cylindrical shape.
- be allowed to form its own crust or coat.
- be un-pressed.
- have delicate blue veins radiating from the center.
- have a taste profile typical of Stilton.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 18 lb. form of cheese.
Continental United States
This product usually ships in 4 business days and should be delivered in 10 business days.
Returns not accepted. Products in this category cannot be returned.