Sauvignon Blanc Cheese Assortment
- Buche de Chevre: This wonderful goat's milk cheese is from Poitou in the Loire Valley. Each Buche de Chevre is aged for two months, during which time it develops a hard, edible crust complete with a bloomy, white mold coating. It is sharp and tangy near the rind and gets progressively richer and creamier toward the center. (8 oz)
- Pecorino Toscano: Pecorino Toscano is a young 100% sheep's milk cheese, only about 40 days old when it arrives on our shores. Because it is a young cheese, it is somewhat discreet; almost shy. As the cheese first hits your tongue, you detect a hint of Tuscan herbs, grass and wildflowers. The aftertaste it leaves on your palate is a wonderfully complex flavor that is hard to describe but easy to enjoy. (8 oz)
- Montasio: Montasio has an intense full-bodied flavor that increases with age. A delicious mountain cheese from the northeastern-most part of Italy near the Austrian border. Serve with apples, pears and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. (8 oz)
- Mini Toasts: With their crusty texture and mild taste, they are ideal with pat_, cheese, smoked salmon or caviar. (2.75 oz),
- Fontina Val d'Aosta: Fontina is the symbol of agriculture in Italy's tiny, French speaking Aosta Valley region. The cows that produce the milk for Fontina Val d'Aosta graze on high-altitude Alpine pastures dotted with wildflowers and native herbs. Fontina is a great cooking cheese, as it melts evenly without losing any flavor. It is best noted for its value as a savory and fruity table cheese. Its slightly grassy flavor embodies the taste of a true raw milk cheese. (8 oz)
Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.
This item is not packaged as a gift. If you would like the gift packaged version of this item please click here.