StarTech.com PCI Express (PCIe) Gigabit Ethernet Multimode SC Fiber Network Card Adapter NIC - 550m
The PEX1000MMSC2 PCIe Gigabit Fiber Network Card lets you connect a desktop PC directly to a fiber optic network, by adding a multimode SC fiber port to your computer or server through an available PCI Express slot.
Perfect for integrating into new or existing fiber infrastructure over great distances, this card delivers full Gigabit bandwidth to your computer up to 550 meters away from your network source, using multimode 50/125 micron duplex SC fiber cable. Plus, for a wider spectrum of compatibility, this versatile card offers fiber integration with a computer up to 220 meters away when deployed to network frameworks consisting of multimode 62.5/125 micron cabling.
With fiber connectivity, your network is not susceptible to electronic interference, which can be problematic with standard RJ45 copper networks, making this fiber card ideal for secure network setups.
Plus, the card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket, making it easy to install in small form-factor computers or 1U server and rackmount applications.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Maximum fiber distance of 550m
- Supports Full/Half-duplex Auto-Negotiation
- Includes low-profile/half-height installation bracket
- Compliant with IEEE802.3z 1000Base-SX, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 Priority Encoding, IEEE 802.3x full duplex flow control
- Supports RFC 1157 SNMP v1 for remote management
- Jumbo Frame Support