SP022, 12x10mm, 6 ct Rainbow Moonstone, 925 Sterling Silver Pendant
- Stone Type _________________ Rainbow Moonstone
- Approximate Stone Size _______ 12x10mm
- Approximate Stone Weight _____ 6 ct
- Jewelry Metal _______________ Solid .925 Sterling Silver
- Our Warranty _______________ A full year on workmanship
- Our Guarantee _____________ Totally unconditional 30 day guarantee
Rainbow moonstone is sort of hard to describe. A pretty, translucent stone. It's actually not a moonstone at all, but a Labradorite Feldspar. It throws a light blue to light yellow sheen. Typically, it is never "clean", by ordinary standards -- there are all sorts of veils, inclusions and stuff (like that technical term?) that gives it it's character.
It really is a very pretty stone. Most of the time, Rainbow Moonstone is not clear enough or clean enough to facet, but we found some that were pretty decent, and so that's what we did. These are some of the best we've ever seen.
Very pretty, and with a single CZ accent at the bail.
This stone is set into a sturdy 4 prong basket. We cast our own mountings and will never use flimsy "snap tight" stuff... It allows the most show of stone for the least expense in silver. It's a good stable setting that doesn't set you back a month just to get one.